We are currently recruiting a Membership Engagement and Events Manager to join our team.
Job Summary: Reporting the Chief Executive, the Membership Engagement and Events Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to attract, retain, and engage members of the Committee for Adelaide. The role is also responsible for planning and coordinating events that align with the Committee’s strategic and organisational requirements. This role requires a creative, organized and detail-oriented individual who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and who can cultivate strong relationships with existing members, identify growth opportunities, and work collaboratively to drive the Committee’s membership and events initiatives.
Membership Growth and Acquisition:
- Develop and implement membership acquisition strategies to expand the Committee’s member base.
- Identify target demographics and create tailored marketing communications to attract new members.
- Create compelling content and materials to promote membership benefits.
Member Engagement and Retention:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with current and prospective members, understanding their needs and preferences.
- Develop and implement member engagement programs, including events, webinars, and other communications.
- Monitor member satisfaction and take proactive steps to enhance the membership experience.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate records of membership data, event attendance, membership trends, engagement metrics and retention rates.
- Collect and analyse member and events feedback to continuously improve events and membership services and benefits.
- Provide regular reports and insights to the Chief Executive, making data-driven recommendations for improvements.
Event Planning and Execution:
- Plan, coordinate, and execute a wide range of events, including conferences, workshops, webinars, and networking opportunities.
- Manage event budgets, negotiate contracts with vendors, and ensure cost-effective event planning.
- Oversee event logistics, including speaker selection and engagement, venue selection, catering, registration, and audio-visual requirements.
- Developing and preparing event materials, including invitations, run sheets, speech/talking notes, labels, powerpoints (as needed)
- Develop marketing and promotional materials to promote events to our target audience.
- Attend and manage onsite activities, including set up and pack down, liaising with venue/catering staff, MC, speakers etc
- Communicate effectively about events, invitations and event enquiries with members through various channels, including email, social media, and in-person events.
Member Benefits and Services:
- Continuously evaluate and enhance the value proposition for members, including benefits and services.
- Collaborate with partners and sponsors to source opportunities for connection and events with members.
Qualifications and Essential Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or a related field.
- Proven experience in membership management, event planning and management, marketing, or related roles.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
- Proficiency in membership management software and CRM tools.
- Creative thinker with the ability to develop innovative engagement strategies and solve problems.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a strong sense of accountability.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter outlining their qualifications and relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 6 October 2023.
The Committee for Adelaide is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Note: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with it.